Planning a Workout Schedule
During this summer, my schedule was very open (kinda what happens when you have the summer off!). You’d think it would be easier to have a good workout routine with a more open schedule, but actually I found myself getting lazy with it. Now that I am back to work, I knew that I needed to figure something out. I prefer to do my workout in the morning before work, so Matt and I had to decide what time each of us would be getting up to get our workout in. We are very fortunate in that we have numerous at-home workouts that we can do here, but there wasn’t really one that either of us was totally into committing to. So, Matt came up with the idea of us taking turns planning out each week of workouts.
Our Workout Options –
- 21 Day Fix (Beachbody)
- T-25, Alpha, Beta and Gamma (Beachbody)
- PiYo (Beachbody)
- Insanity (Beachbody)
- Betty Rocker (a variety of workout plans that you can find for free on her blog as well as ones you can purchase)
- 21 Day MetaShred Plan (from Men’s Health)
Here we are in our first week and it was my turn to make the plan. I wanted to make sure to incorporate as much of a variety as I could all while making sure we hit every zone of the body. So, here is what I came up with!
- Monday – Betty Rocker, Upper Body 1 (from Home Workout Domination)
- Tuesday – 21 Day Fix, Total Body Cardio
- Wednesday – T-25 Beta Rip’t Circuit
- Thursday – 21 Day Fix, Barre Legs
- Friday – Insanity, Pure Cardio
I made sure to incorporate upper body, strength training, lower body and cardio. Matt enjoyed yesterday because he hadn’t ever done that one and it was a nice surprise for him. I’m sure he will throw in a few of those for me as well. We will see how this goes, but I know that we are both looking forward to a change and this seemed like a perfect remedy for us. Sometimes you have to find some variety and switch up your normal workout routine so it doesn’t get stale. I will keep you all informed how this is going and hopefully give you all some ideas as well 🙂